No idea what I am writing kind of post !!! ( blogmarathon post no. 23)


Yesterday I placed the  the order on Flipkart for buying a new best seller which is written by one of my favourite authors.  I am so excited , I like this waiting time when I look forward to getting my hands on the new book and then when it finally arrives and I turn the pages and actually gets engrossed from the word go is the final culmination of my excitement.  

Now a days I have started ordering online for some cosmetics also and when it arrives all packed and sealed for me to uncover, it also gives me immense sense of excitement, earlier on .. the same excitement used to be there when I would buy a new cloth or a new dress was gifted to me.. but that seems to be not the case any more.

Before going on a much awaited holiday and the journey that we undertake to reach the destination also makes me quite thrilled… all in all I have found about myself that I am some one who enjoys the journey more rather than the destination itself.. literally.  I think most of us are like this, more than the moment itself it’s the anticipation that precedes the moment which contains all the beauty.


Also it takes a lot of effort in life to keep the excitement going and to find excitement and thrill in small things in life so that it eventually gives us the courage to face some really  huge challenges in life…..

Comments

  1. I liked your title - honesty is the best policy :-) :-)

    Dont you also think that even, we, adults once upon a time, who had simple pleasures in life, do not feel happy about those same things now? like a new dress - I used to be over the moon with a simple new dress. Today there are times that i forget a new dress is yet to be worn.

    Thank fully we have newer simple pleasures one of which is writing a post and waiting for comments. What say you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks Vincy :)
      I wish I had so many comments pouring in, but then I am going to keep the posts coming as I am sure to get one comment without fail and that is yours... thanks and hugs...
      take care

      Delete
  2. I completely understand where you are coming from. That excitement of waiting eagerly for the unseen, the untouched, the unheard of is super exciting. It brings in a positive wave. Lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Rekha... yes as I said sometimes the journey is more exciting than the destination...
      take care

      Delete
  3. Online shopping is not good for your health:-) It is addictive and yes I like it too. It is a boon for the time starved. I never really liked traveling when the kids were little but now that they can take care of themselves mostly I love our trips. Wow I am intrigued by the titles I have yet to read and tempted to jump to each. But I will save the rest as something to look forward to on another day. Thanks ss for the journey so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks lan for taking out time and reading the post... it really means a lot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

just like that you flew my nest!

A Heartfelt Prayer!