Thank You

The small little feet that kicked inside me


Gave me the first glimpse of motherhood

The frail, little angel , cocooned on my lap

Gave me the first flicker of a mother’s worry

The love and affection , the scoldings and arguments

The worry and protection and your endless strength

Made sense to me , I started fitting in your shoes

the moment my little angel was born

As a mother I started to understand my mother

Who lived a turbulent life

Had the spine of steel

Is an epitome of strength

Who never wilted under the hardest of storm

Who always protected us through the harshest parts of life

I would like to say thank you for this wonder ful life

I would like to say sorry for every tear you shed because of me

I would like to say you are the best mother

You are the strongest

You are the reason I can be a working mom

And still be at peace about my children

Safe and sound and loved in your lap

Thank you mother for everything

And sorry for all the hurt

All the harsh words, all the arguments

All the screaming, all the tears

Thank you Mother for this wonderful life

Thank you for being there through thick and thin

Comments

  1. You are blessed to have her around for your kids...Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute to your mother! I hope she sees it. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! God bless all of u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifl beautiful tribute to your mom, Rekhu! Heres to her and the mom in you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh such touching verses. I read it all over again. :-)
    Mothers are the best of Gods creation. Happy mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

just like that you flew my nest!